Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Thanksgiving of Peace

What I am most thankful for is this:

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." ~ Romans 5:1

I have peace with God. Everything in my world has been made right by the blood of Christ which has removed the offending item that stood between me and God, namely, my sin. I am now in right relationship with my Creator. God's wrath has been averted and I have received favor and sonship. God was the offended party, yet He was the pursuer and initiator bringing about the means by which I could receive His forgiveness and be reconciled to Him! What wondrous love! What amazing grace! 

I have peace with God and all the rest of my days on Earth are going to be good ones no matter what comes my way because God is for me and for my good... and He loves me with an everlasting love. I have peace with God and He has given me all of the riches of Christ Jesus. I have peace with God and He says of me now, "You are my beloved son, in you I am well pleased." I have peace with God and I can come into the Holy of Holies with confidence and no fear clothed in the robes of Christ's perfect and spotless righteousness. I have peace with God and I can commune with Him as with a friend - there is nothing between us anymore! It's all been cleared away! I have peace with God and one day He will receive me into glory to be with Him forever. This is the very reason for which I was created; to enjoy fellowship with my God and to worship Him in all of His glory and majesty.

I have peace with God. I have so much to be thankful for and I am thankful. It all starts with this one thing though; peace with God. If I were to not be at peace with God then all of my days would be bad ones no matter how many good things came my way. My sins would be unpaid for and wrath would be my just reward. That is why my peace with God is something that is priceless and precious. Think of it! I have peace with God!

I am thankful that God has made peace with me through the blood of my Lord Jesus Christ. 

"Thou my great Father and I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one."

No comments:

Post a Comment