Tuesday, October 25, 2011

He has no idea...


"I was ready for the next big challenge," Epstein said at a news conference Tuesday at Wrigley Field, where he was introduced as the president of baseball operations.
You won't find a bigger one than this, my friend! 
"To me," he said, "baseball is better with tradition, baseball is better with history, baseball is better with fans who care, baseball is better with ballparks like this, baseball is better during the day, and baseball is best of all when you win. That, ultimately, is why I'm here today." 
All true! We're a perfect fit.
"I'm not saying the timetable is immediate," Epstein said. "Over time, we'll get this thing done. It's not going to happen overnight. But we'll take every opportunity to win seriously."
Ah, a realist. You have to be with the Cubs.
"It's always been my passion -- love the game, love the competitiveness," he said.
Good to hear! And if it doesn't work out, we'll still be here... long after you're gone... 

No comments:

Post a Comment